Intel Products Vietnam Co., Ltd. (IPV) with an investment of 1 billion USD is the largest assembly and testing plant in Intel’s Assembly and Test (ATM) network for chipset production. IPV produces Intel’s latest chip technology products including 5G, IoT, Desktop, Mobile,… The IPV factory is the first investment of its kind in the semiconductor industry in Vietnam.
IPV plays an important role in Intel’s manufacturing worldwide, so Intel will continue to invest in its manufacturing operations in Vietnam. During more than a decade of production in Vietnam, IPV’s energy systems have encountered a number of challenges:
- Outdated energy data system.
- Selective non-coordination relay, upstream-downstream, bus level.
- Electric arc level in the control panel is unusually high.
- There are many difficulties in operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and expansion.
As an official representative (Authorized Representative) of ETAP in Vietnam and a number of countries in Southeast Asia, ESEC has brought IPV the “ETAP Power Engineering Service” solution to overcome transportation problems. operating system of Intel. ETAP is a global leader in simulation, design, analysis, monitoring, and automation control for power systems. Established in 1986, up to now, after more than 30 years of development, ETAP has affirmed its position in the global technology market, with a system of nearly 50 member companies and representative offices worldwide.
With the experience and capacity of ESEC engineers, with the help of ETAP software (collection, analysis, reporting and recommendations) to solve the challenges that exist in the energy operating system in Intel Vietnam.
ESEC performed electrical engineering services using ETAP software to model and analyze the system, thereby giving the final report and recommendations:
- Data collection and verification (Data collection & verification).
- System modeling.
- Load Flow analysis.
- Short circuit calculation (Short Circuit calculation).
- Protective Relay co-ordination.
- Arc Flash analysis with NFPA 70E, IEEE1584 standard (Arc Flash analysis with NFPA 70E, IEEE 1584 standard).
After the implementation period, the “ETAP Power Engineering Service” project was successfully completed and brought many outstanding benefits:
- The entire power system has been updated, recalculated and analyzed with the latest configuration, giving the operating scenarios that an Intel factory may have. In addition, future expansion of the system is also taken into account.
- Equipment performance, operating parameters have been tested, validated and optimized.
- Selectively coordinated protective relay devices. Provide settings recommendations for direct factory adjustment.
- The fault energy levels and arc levels at some control panels are significantly reduced.
- System configuration and equipment parameters have been updated, ready for operation, maintenance and expansion.
With the success of this “ETAP Power Engineering Service” project, we hope to open up more cooperation opportunities in the near future with IPV. With a comprehensive technology foundation on Power Infrastructure – Energy System – Digitization – Automation along with deployment capacity and extensive experience, ESEC can completely bring to customers and partners of the best and most suitable solutions.
BD & MKT